In the Hoop Yeti Art Doll with Valentine Bonus
What says “fashionable Winter decor” like your very own Yeti? Their whimsical features reflect their light-hearted and quizzical nature. Make them with wire armatures for a poseable art doll that brings out the inner child in you.
Bonus! Includes TWO heart Feltie designs. Perfect for gifting.
- Designed as poseable art dolls with wire armatures. Don’t worry – it’s easier than you think!
- The finished size is around 11″ tall.
- The Yeti comes in one size
- Each Yeti requires 3 hoopings: a 6×10″ hooping for body, a 5×7 hooping for hands & feet, and 4×4″ hooping for the head
- If you don’t have a 6×10 hoop, there is a sewing template for the body so you can stitch that on your sewing machine, while your embroidery machine stitches the tricky bits like hands (5×7) and head (4×4).
- A bit of hand stitching and fabric glue is needed for assembly.
- Body and head fabrics that work with this pattern: Fleece, felt, fuzzy felt, or short pile faux fur. The face and hands require stretch fabrics.
- Complete Instructions with color photos are included.
- Free project video tutorial is linked in the instructions document so you can see all the steps.
- These Yetis are designed as ART dolls for holiday/home decor, not play dolls for small children. Please do not insert wire armatures into dolls intended for small children. With all that being said, you CAN assemble your Yeti without the wire armature for a soft and floppy version. 😁
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on a download page.
- Estimated time to complete: 2-4 hours depending on skill level
- Estimated Skill Level: intermediate to advanced depending on which pattern options you choose.
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Supplies, and Specs
Your downloaded .ZIP file will include multiple sizes and machine formats in case you upgrade your machine to a bigger hoop or different brand, you’ll still be able to use these designs!
The .ZIP file contains these machine file formats:
And comes in sizes for these hoops:
Please check the photos for exact design dimensions in millimeters to ensure it fits the hoops on your machine.
Number of Hoopings for this project: 3 (body, head, Hands/feet)
Documents included in your download:
- PDF instructions with color photos and link to video tutorial
- License file (commercial use allowed, you can sell the dolls you make)
- PDF design details for each design
- Photo of finished project
Max purchase quantity = 1
• Embroidery machine with 6×10 hoop or larger
• Sharp fabric scissors
• Hemostats or similar for turning and stuffing the doll – especially for tiny toes and fingers.
• Long doll needle and strong thread for closing the seam openings (or fabric glue)
• Needle nose pliers and wire cutters for wire armature.
• Fabric Glue: Fabri-tac™ works well. Also, Surebonder® fine tip hot glue gun with their fabric glue sticks work very well.
• Fabrics (see photo):
1. For body – 2 pieces of 7×11” (18 x 28 cm) short pile fur, fleece, fuzzy felt or similar. The nap of the fur should point down in the 11” direction.
2. For head – 2 pieces of 5×5” (13 x 13 cm) short pile fur or similar to match body.
3. For face – 1 piece of 3×3” (8 x 8 cm) stretch jersey for face
4. For hands & feet – 2 pieces of 5×7” (13 x 18 cm) stretch jersey to match face, with direction of stretch across the 5” (13cm) width of the stretch fabric.
5. Scraps of faux fur or 1 yard (1 m) of fur yarn to embellish wrists, ankles, head and chest
• Tear-away stabilizer for hands/feet, plus cut-away for head and your choice for the body.
• Embroidery thread to match your fabric, plus black and white for faces
• Fiber Fill stuffing
• For armature: 30” (76 cm) length of thin armature wire (1/16”), AND 30” (76 cm) length of thick armature wire (1/8”), plus electrical tape, and (Optional) wood or cardboard foot shape for better standing stability.
• 2 pipe cleaners (chenille stems) to wire the fingers
• Scrap of water or heat soluble stabilizer to use under the face detail stitches and optional finger and toenails