In the Hoop Gnome Softie
Yippee! My best-selling barefoot gnome pattern is now available as an in-the-hoop embroidery machine design in FIVE sizes! You can make a whole family.
There are tons of gnome patterns in this world, but only the Ballyhoo Creations Gnomes have adorably squishy bare feet. Game changer! Customize them with your favorite fabric choices to make a one-of-a-kind Gnome.
- Use your choice of fabrics for the body & hat!! The feet require a fabric with some stretch to make the feet easier to turn.
- The beard is made with faux fur or other fibers that get stitched to the body in-the-hoop.
- The body, hat, and feet are all stitched in the hoop of your embroidery machine. (3 hoopings) You will need needle and thread OR fabric glue to finish the assembly.
- Complete Instructions with color photos are included. If you are new to dollmaking – There is also a free series of dollmaker videos for all the techniques used in this project.
- Comes in 5 sizes: small for 4×4 hoops, medium for 5×7 hoops, large for 6×10 hoops, XL for 7×11 hoops, and jumbo(XXL) for 8×12 hoops AND they are easy to re-size on your machine without losing stitch quality so you can make them even bigger or smaller.
- The gnome body has boxed corners stitched in the hoop! Yep – it’s really cool. Your gnome will sit nicely when you add some weighted filler like plastic pellets or beads.
- The feet have 4 toes each. It is recommended you have a good tool for turning such as hemostats or an EZ Turner for making the feet. You can also make them without feet – still very cute!
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on your account download page.
- Estimated time to complete: 1-2 hours depending on skill level
- Estimated Skill Level: beginner to intermediate (requires fussy trimming on feet, and the use of hemostats or forceps may be needed to turn the tiny tootsies)
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Supplies, and Specs
Your downloaded .ZIP file will include multiple sizes and machine formats in case you upgrade your machine to a bigger hoop or different brand, you’ll still be able to use these designs!
The .ZIP file contains these machine file formats:
And comes in sizes for these hoops:
4×4, 5×7, 6×10, 7×11, 8×12
Please check the photos for exact design dimensions in millimeters to ensure it fits the hoops on your machine.
Number of Hoopings for this project: 3 (body, Hat, Feet)
Documents included in your download:
- PDF instructions with color photos
- License file (commercial use allowed, you can sell the gnomes you make with this pattern)
- PDF design details for each design
- Photo of finished project
Max purchase quantity = 1
- Embroidery machine with 4×4 hoop or larger
- Sharp fabric scissors, and sharp detail scissors for fussy trimming of feet
- Long doll needle and strong thread OR fabric glue or glue gun for closing and assembly
- Hemostats are useful for turning and stuffing the feet
• Body & hat fabric (see chart below)
• Foot & Nose Fabric (see chart below)
• Faux Fur Beard (see chart below, beard pattern is included in the instructions)
• Light tear-away stabilizer for feet hooping, and any type of stabilizer for hat & body hoopings.
• Embroidery thread & bobbin to blend with your fabrics
• Poly pellets or other weighted filler (rice or beans are not recommended! See instructions)
• Fiberfill stuffing
• Embellishments of your choice – fur trim, bells, pom poms, flowers, etc.
|Body fabric||4” W x 11” L||6” W x 15”L||7” W x 22” L||8”W x 24” L||9” W x 27” L|
|Hat Fabric||8” W x 5’ L||11” W x 8” L||13” W x 11” L||15” W x 12” L||18” W x 13” L|
|Feet Fabric||2 pc 4×4”||2 pc 4×4”||2 pc 5×6”||2pc 5×7”||2 pc 5×7”|
|Nose Fabric||1.5” circle||2” circle||2.5” circle||3” circle||3.5” circle|
|Beard fur||3” square for Small pattern||5” square for Med pattern||6” square for Lg pattern||7” square for XL pattern||8” square for XXL pattern|