The Gal Behind the Ballyhoo…
Hey Folks! My name is Luci and I’m the one-woman-show at Ballyhoo Creations where I design dolls and other cloth characters for sewing or embroidery machines. It is truly a joy for me to design fun characters and share them with you.
Here’s some funny things you might want to know about me:
- I’ve been making dolls and soft toys as a hobby since the late 1980s. It was very trendy back then and I’m working to make it trendy again.
- My first Embroidery Machine around 2005 was a Viking Husqvarna Rose. Wish I still had it.
- In 2009 I began digitizing dolls and tiny doll clothes for my embroidery machine because nobody else was doing it. It was just a hobby for me at that time.
- I spent 15 years in the tech industry as an engineer, tech writer, project manager and customer service expert. I mostly worked on wireless communications like cell phones & wireless internet. Machines are my friends.
- I love Sci-Fi conventions and Rennaissance fairs. And costumes.
- I was a huge NeRd before it was cool. And also, I love science.
- Oklahoma City is where I was born and where I live now, but I spent nearly 20 years in the Chicago/Southern Wisconsin area and still visit friends there.
- I love animals, even when they mess up my house.
- Both DuhBe and Ballyhoo Bath were handcrafted businesses I created starting in 2009. I love the handmade world!
- There is a magic in dollmaking that other crafts do not offer and making dolls has carried me through some rough times. Now I hope my designs can do the same for others.