This is the licensing you agreed to when acquiring the embroidery files. This agreement is legally binding. All embroidery design files and digital patterns are Copyright Ballyhoo Creations 2021. By purchasing these digital products you agree to the following:
1. All embroidery design files and digital patterns are Copyright © Ballyhoo Creations. These files can NOT be reproduced or distributed without the written permission of Ballyhoo Creations. This includes the digital embroidery files, PDF documents, photos/ videos, or any written test or diagrams.
2. These files are licensed to an INDIVIDUAL and cannot be used by a group of people unless each person purchases their own license and files.
3. You CAN (and I hope you do!) embroider or sew projects with these files and sell those finished projects (a doll, an embroidered shirt, you get the idea!) This is the Ballyhoo way of promoting small handmade business in the creative arts. You may sell your finished projects at places like craft fairs, Etsy, your own website, or brick and mortar stores. Mass commercial production by a factory is not allowed.
4. You (the customer) MAY NOT share, loan, rent or sell these Ballyhoo digital files with anyone, even if you obtained it from Ballyhoo for free. (Why? Read the FAQ on the website for more info.
5. If you downloaded these files from a website allowing unlimited commercial use, please understand that commercial usage applies to YOUR finished physical projects, not the digital files themselves. Refer to the Terms of Service of the site you purchased from for full details.
6. You CAN make a backup copy for your own file security (to protect against a hard drive crash, accidental delete, etc.)
7. Of course you CAN stitch projects for yourself or others. This includes gifts and charity donations.
8. You MAY NOT modify any part of Ballyhoo designs with the intent to distribute. This means you may not sell, trade or share your own version of Ballyhoo artwork as embroidery files, graphic design files, files used in electronic cutting machines and any other sort of digital file in future technology.
9. You ARE allowed to create or modify your own digital files for personal use, such as a digital cutting file to accompany an embroidery design, or add text to one of Ballyhoo’s designs for your own use with your own embroidery software.
10. REFUNDS are not given on digital download files. But rules have exceptions. If you feel you are owed a refund or credit due to duplicate orders OR files that will not work (photo evidence may be required along with some cooperative troubleshooting), then please contact Ballyhoo Creations on the “contact” page to see if we can work something out. Customer satisfaction is HUGE at Ballyhoo Creations.
During the checkout process, you are required to check a box agreeing to these licensing terms BEFORE paying for the designs and patterns on this site. Therefore this agreement is legally binding. These terms are also available on product pages and can be found as part of your download package.
licensing last updated Jan 7, 2022.