Gremlin Art Doll Package
Create your own mischievous pack of gremlins with this set of in-the-hoop designs. You get four different heads with expressive faces, plus multiple options for arms and legs for sitting, standing or something in between.
This design package also includes a FREE video course on making button-jointed art dolls!
- Doll body & limbs can be stitched in a 5×7″ hoop
- Heads with faces can be stitched in a 4×4″ hoop
- The jumpsuit requires a 6×10″ hoop, or you can use the included pattern (red seam lines) to sew one with your sewing machine.
- Mix and match the body parts to create a custom gremlin or goblin art doll.
- Comes in these embroidery machine file formats: DST, EXP, JEF, HUS, PEC, PES, VP3, VIP, SEW, SHV, XXX
- Finished doll is 12″ tall in standing position and is intended as an art doll for home/holiday decor rather than a play doll.
- The doll designs in this package are compatible with other MEDIUM-sized cloth character dolls at Ballyhoo Creations. Mix and match to your heart’s content!
The video course is nearly two hours of instruction to make these and other jointed art dolls. It’s conveniently divided into lessons so you can skip the topics you don’t need or re-watch the topics if you need to refresh your memory.
Your account ORDER page will include your downloadable files as well as a link to the video class immediately after you make your purchase.
Tools & Materials
• Embroidery machine with 5×7″ embroidery field (hoop) or larger
• A fresh needle in your embroidery machine
• Sharp fabric scissors, applique scissors, small detail scissors for feet
• Hemostats or other tool for turning and stuffing the toes of the feet
• Long doll needle and strong thread for hand-stitching during assembly (at least for the nose)
• (Optional) Fabric Glue: Fabri-tac™ works well. Also, Surebonder® fine tip hot glue gun with their fabric glue sticks works great. OR you can hand stitch everything and not use any glue.
• Pins or clips to hold pieces during assembly
Fabrics: two pieces 5×7″ fabric for legs (woven or stretch)
Fabrics: two pieces 5×7″ Skin-tone fabric for arms (woven or stretch)
Fabrics: two pieces 4×4″ Skin-tone fabric for head (woven or stretch)
Fabrics: two pieces 5×7″ for body (woven or stretch)
Fabrics: two pieces 6×10″ of 4=way stretch for jumper OR two pieces 5×7″ stretch fabric for tunic
(optional) yarn or fur for the hair
Lightweight tear-away or mesh stabilizer for 5 hoopings
Fiber Fill Stuffing
4 or 5 small buttons for joints