Stitch a wardrobe for your Ballyhoo Cloth Characters. Design Package includes embroidery files for dress, T-shirt, sweater, pants and jeans. These fit the small (8″), medium (11″), and large (12.5″) cloth character dolls from Ballyhoo Creations.
All are stitched in-the-hoop of your embroidery machine using stretch fabrics and tear-away stabilizer. See below for details…
Let your embroidery machine do all the small stitching for you while you whip up your own custom clothes for the Ballyhoo Cloth Characters. Design Package includes dress, T-shirt, sweater, pants and pocket-pants (jeans), along with instructions and design templates for small, medium and large cloth characters.
The photos show how the clothes look on the finished dolls, but the dolls are not included in this listing. (psst…they’re over here)
Click the tabs above for more info on specs and how these are made – including a video!
This is a downloadable product for machine embroidery files. No physical product will be shipped. You will need an embroidery machine with at least a 5×7 hoop for these designs. Intended for stretch knit fabrics (see supplies tab).
Tools and Materials
1. embroidery machine with files loaded
2. sharp fabric scissors
3. small embroidery scissors
1. stretch fabric cut to sizes outlined in instructions
2. tear-away embroidery stabilizer
3. top and bobbin thread
4. (optional) fabric glue OR 1/4” seam tape OR hand
needle and thread to hem clothes if desired
5. (optional) elastic thread for pants waistband
NOTE: links to tools and supplies may be affiliate links where I will make a small percentage if you purchase from those vendors.
The YouTube video applies to all sizes of these clothes even if the 8″ characters are mentioned (sorry about that!)
The .ZIP file you download will contain these formats: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, SHV, VIP, VP3, XXX as well as PDF documents with instructions and templates.
The links below will open a PDF in a new window with details on sizes, # stitches, # colors for each file in this package.
All embroidery design files and digital patterns are copyright Ballyhoo Creations 2020. By purchasing these digital products you agree to the following:
1. You (the customer) MAY NOT share, loan, rent or sell these Ballyhoo digital files with anyone, even if you obtained it from Ballyhoo for free. (Why? Read the FAQ on the website for more info)
2. You CAN make a backup copy for your own file security (to protect against a hard drive crash, accidental delete, etc.)
3. You CAN (and I hope you do!) embroider or sew projects with these files and sell those finished goods as long as it’s less than 500 units per design. This is the Ballyhoo way of promoting small handmade business. You may sell your finished projects at places like craft fairs, Etsy, your own website, or brick and mortar stores as long as the item count per purchased design is less than 500 items. This limit of 500 applies to all things you make with the design. For example: 20 dolls + 300 shirts + 180 baby bibs = 500 units. Each design purchased allows for 500 pieces of THAT design.
4. Of course you CAN stitch projects for yourself or others as long as it doesn’t exceed the 500 units mentioned above. This includes gifts and charity donations.
5. You MAY NOT modify any part of Ballyhoo designs with the intent to distribute. This means you may not sell, trade or share your own version of Ballyhoo artwork as embroidery files, graphic design files, files used in electronic cutting machines and any other sort of digital file in future technologies. You are allowed to create your own digital files for personal use, such as a digital cutting file to accompany an embroidery design, or add text to one of Ballyhoo’s designs for your own use.