FREEBIE ITH Gnome Feet
Super cute little tootsies! Make the feet in-the-hoop of your embroidery machine to add to your sock or sewn gnome!
Speed up the sewing of these chunky little gnome feet by making your embroidery machine do the hard work for you.
The design comes in 2 hoop sizes:
- 4×4 has a single foot
- 5×7 has a pair of the same feet
All of these machine formats are available in your instant download .zip file: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PEC, PES, SEW, SHV, VIP, VP3, XXX
After stitching, cutting, turning and stuffing – these feet measure 3.5″ tall by 2.5″ wide. Just the right size for a sock Gnome or you can pair them with the Gnome PDF sewing pattern also available at Ballyhoo Creations.
Skill level: Intermediate – for fussy cutting of feet, and turning tiny toes with hemostats.
Instructions are available on the Instructions tab on this page.
1. Hoop some cut-away stabilizer.
2. Stitch COLOR 1 for a placement guide on your stabilizer.
3. Place 2 layers of stretchy fabric, RiGHT-Sides-Together, to cover the placement stitches.
4. Stitch COLOR 2 for a double-stitched seam.
5. Unhoop and cut away excess fabric from seams, leaving a scant 1/8” seam allowance.
6. Turn right-side-out using hemostats or other tool for turning small tubes.
7. Stuff on one side only – between the stabilizer and skin fabric. Stuff each toe with a ball of
stuffing, then use a larger wad for the ball and heel of feet.
8. Fold the turning flap and glue to the unstuffed (backside) of the foot.
9. Glue to the foot to your gnome or other sock-type of doll with fabric glue by applying glue
to the bottom half of the backside of foot.