Learn how to use an Embroidery Machine! We’ll do an easy coaster project so you can learn all the tips for successful beginner machine embroidery. If you’ve ever been frustrated by your embroidery machine (who hasn’t??) or if you just want to learn some basics – this class will show you tips to get a good stitch-out.
This class was developed for brand new beginners and includes multiple techniques in one easy design. More advanced students can follow along and pick up some tips to improve the stitch quality of any design.
Here’s a sample of our coaster… bring your own tea and cookies. 😉
If you like this machine embroidery design, be sure to check out my other designs at Ballyhoo Creations where I digitize designs for the embroidery machine and specialize in dolls and modern designs.
What Will You Learn?
- Embroidery threads and stabilizers
- Tips for properly threading your machine and bobbin
- Traditional Hooping vs. Floating
- Transferring designs to your embroidery machine
- Embroidery machine applique and ITH (in-the-hoop) techniques
- Plus we'll make a felt coaster with your new skills!
Intro to Machine Embroidery
Project & Supplies03:49
Threads & Stabilizers04:55
Hooping vs. Floating04:40
Download Design Files
Machine Threading Tips & Tricks05:03
Finishing the Coaster05:49
(Optional) Share Your Project