Santa Claus ITH Coat & Hat Add-On
Add a lovely vine and floral coat and hat to your Ballyhoo Creations cloth character doll. See below for more options on making this coat & hat set.
- Add this coat and hat to create your own Santa, Papa Noel or Kris Kringle cloth doll.
- Vine & flowers, as well as the seams, are all stitched by your embroidery machine.
- The vine and flowers can be skipped for a plain coat. You can then glue on fur or other trims to the raw edges for a luxurious look.
- Click the VIDEO tab to see how super simple this design is to make.
- One hooping is required to complete this coat & hat set.
- Three sizes are included with your download in multiple machine formats. (see DETAILS tab for all the nitty-gritty)
- This coat & hat set are compatible with all the cloth character bodies, so you can mix-and-match to fully customize your creation.
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on a download page.
What’s included with this design?
- Coat & hat designs in 3 sizes and 11 machine formats (see details tab)
Skill level: beginner
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Instructions, Supplies, and Specs!
Your downloaded .ZIP file will include multiple sizes and machine formats in case you upgrade your machine to a bigger hoop or different brand, you’ll still be able to use these designs!
The .ZIP file contains these machine file formats:
And comes in sizes for these hoops:
Number of Hoopings for this project: 1
Documents included in your download:
- PDF instructions with photos
- stitch order guide with full size templates
- License file
- JPG photo sheets of design details for each design
Max purchase quantity = 1
Please see the product photos for design measurements so you can be sure these fit your hoops.
Instructions & Videos
I want to be SURE anyone can stitch and assemble my designs.
This free video is provided in addition to instructions bundled in your download. If you need additional assistance completing a project, please join the Facebook group Ballyhoo Inspiration & Support or use the “contact” link at the top of any web page here.
Video Tutorial coming soon! Please check back later.
Tools & Supplies Needed:
• Embroidery machine
• Embroidery Thread and bobbin (40wt polyester thread is suggested, bobbin can be the same or use 60wt or 90wt bobbin thread if you like). Choose a thread color to match your fabric for the seams. Then choose colors for vine and flowers. Also, if this is your first time making the coat & hat, using a different color for placement lines and seams will help you know which basting stitches to tear out.
• Sharp fabric scissors
• Fabrics – choose non-fray fabrics such as felt, fleece, or jersey
• Small – use 11” x 11” piece of fabric in 5×7 hoop
• Medium – use 14” x 14” piece of fabric in 6×10 hoop
• Large – use 16” x 16” piece of fabric in 7×12 or 8×12 hoops
• (You will be folding this fabric during the stitch out process, so it needs to be big enough to cover the design after it’s folded)
• Recommended Embroidery stabilizers: tear-away or soluble stabilizer as the base, and soluble topper if you’re embroidering on fuzzy or stretchy fabrics as recommended.