- Add this coat and hat to create your own Santa, Papa Noel or Kris Kringle cloth doll.
- Vine & flowers, as well as the seams, are all stitched by your embroidery machine.
- The vine and flowers can be skipped for a plain coat. You can then glue on fur or other trims to the raw edges for a luxurious look.
- Click the VIDEO tab to see how super simple this design is to make.
- One hooping is required to complete this coat & hat set.
- Three sizes are included with your download in multiple machine formats. (see DETAILS tab for all the nitty-gritty)
- This coat & hat set are compatible with all the cloth character bodies, so you can mix-and-match to fully customize your creation.
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on a download page.
What’s included with this design?
- Coat & hat designs in 3 sizes and 11 machine formats (see details tab)
Skill level: beginner
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Instructions, Supplies, and Specs!
Instructions & Videos
I want to be SURE anyone can stitch and assemble my designs.
This free video is provided in addition to instructions bundled in your download. If you need additional assistance completing a project, please join the Facebook group Ballyhoo Inspiration & Support or use the “contact” link at the top of any web page here.
Video Tutorial coming soon! Please check back later.
Tools & Supplies Needed:
• Embroidery machine
• Embroidery Thread and bobbin (40wt polyester thread is suggested, bobbin can be the same or use 60wt or 90wt bobbin thread if you like). Choose a thread color to match your fabric for the seams. Then choose colors for vine and flowers. Also, if this is your first time making the coat & hat, using a different color for placement lines and seams will help you know which basting stitches to tear out.
• Sharp fabric scissors
• Fabrics – choose non-fray fabrics such as felt, fleece, or jersey
• Small – use 11” x 11” piece of fabric in 5×7 hoop
• Medium – use 14” x 14” piece of fabric in 6×10 hoop
• Large – use 16” x 16” piece of fabric in 7×12 or 8×12 hoops
• (You will be folding this fabric during the stitch out process, so it needs to be big enough to cover the design after it’s folded)
• Recommended Embroidery stabilizers: tear-away or soluble stabilizer as the base, and soluble topper if you’re embroidering on fuzzy or stretchy fabrics as recommended.