River in-the-hoop doll pattern
- The River cloth character doll is made in the hoop of your embroidery machine.
- River has separate pants and shirt, and is skinnier than the other base dolls. She also has separate arms so you can make the sleeves different than the body.
- Free video tutorial shows you each step – you’ll be an expert dollmaker in no time! (PDF instructions include photo instructions plus free video tutorial link)
- Two to four hoopings are required to complete this doll as shown. One for the body/arms, one for the head with face, one for the optional wig, and one for optional ears.
- After the parts are stitched, you cut out, turn, stuff, and hand-sew or glue it closed.
- You may add a wire armature to make your doll poseable, or skip that step.
- Three sizes are included with your download in multiple machine formats. (see DETAILS tab for all the nitty-gritty)
- This cloth character head and body are compatible with other cloth character designs, so you can mix-and-match to fully customize your creation. Or purchase additional add-ons to customize your doll.
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on a download page.
What’s included with this design?
- River head design with face as shown in 3 sizes (sm, med, lg)
- River body design with detached arms in 3 sizes (sm, med, lg)
- wig file for faux fur wig in 3 sizes (sm, med, lg)
- 2 ear files (human and elf) in 2 sizes (med & lg) NOTE there are no ears for the small version of Rowan made in 5×7 hoops. They are just too tiny to turn right side out.
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Instructions, Supplies, and Specs!
Your downloaded .ZIP file will include multiple sizes and machine formats in case you upgrade your machine to a bigger hoop or different brand, you’ll still be able to use these designs!
The .ZIP file contains these machine file formats:
And comes in sizes for these hoops:
- Large size makes 13″ doll in 8×12 hoop
- Medium size makes 11″ doll in 6×10 hoop
- Small size makes 8″ doll in 5×7 hoop
Number of Hoopings for this project: 2-4 depending on options chosen
Documents included in your download:
- All embroidery machine files in stated formats and sizes
- PDF instructions with photos and link to free video tutorial
- License file
- JPG photo sheets of design details for each design
Max purchase quantity = 1
Please see the product photos for design measurements so you can be sure these fit your hoops.
Tools & Supplies Needed:
• Embroidery machine
• Embroidery Thread and bobbin (40wt polyester thread is suggested, bobbin can be the same or use 60wt or 90wt bobbin thread if you like)
• Sharp fabric scissors
• Hemostats may be helpful for turning and stuffing
• Fabrics (instructions for each part have more info on fabric choices)
- For body – front & back pieces for both pants and shirt, sized to your hoop choice, stretch knits recommended.
- For head and ears – front & back sized to your hoop choice, stretch knits recommended
- For wig, small amount of faux fur about 3″x6″
• Recommended Embroidery stabilizers: no-show mesh stabilizer for body, any stablizer for head, tear-away or soluable stabilizer for ears and wig. (optional) water or heat soluble film suggested under facial features.
• Fiberfill or other stuffing of choice.
• Wire armature is optional. You can learn about them here: https://ballyhoocreations.com/2020/04/making-wired-poseable-cloth-characters/
• Hand sewing needle and strong thread for closing the head, or fabric glue