Jessie In-The-Hoop Doll Pattern
- The Jessie cloth character doll is made in the hoop of your embroidery machine.
- Make your very own Mrs. Klause or other matronly characters with this design!
- Face and seams are stitched by your embroidery machine. Then you cut out, turn, stuff, and hand-sew or glue it closed. Click the VIDEO tab to see how super simple this is.
- Instructions include “boxing” the corners of the doll skirt so it will stand on its own when filled with poly pellets or other weighted filler.
- Two hoopings are required to complete this doll as shown. One for the body and one for the face/head.
- Three sizes are included with your download in multiple machine formats. (see DETAILS tab for all the nitty-gritty)
- This cloth character head and body are compatible with other cloth character designs, so you can mix-and-match to fully customize your creation.
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on a download page.
What’s included with this design?
- Jessie head design with applique hair and embroidered glasses
- Jessie body design with attached arms, applique apron, and instructions to box the skirt corners
Skill level: novice (hemostats will probably be needed to turn the arms right side out)
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Instructions, Supplies, and Specs!
Your downloaded .ZIP file will include multiple sizes and machine formats in case you upgrade your machine to a bigger hoop or different brand, you’ll still be able to use these designs!
The .ZIP file contains these machine file formats:
And comes in sizes for these hoops:
- Large size makes 12″ doll in 7×12 hoop
- Medium size makes 10″ doll in 6×10 hoop
- Small size makes 8″ doll in 5×7 hoop
Number of Hoopings for this project: 2
Documents included in your download:
- PDF instructions with photos and link to video tutorial
- License file
- JPG photo sheets of design details for each design
Max purchase quantity = 1
Please see the product photos for design measurements so you can be sure these fit your hoops.
Tools & Supplies Needed:
• Embroidery machine
• Embroidery Thread and bobbin (40wt polyester thread is suggested, bobbin can be the same or use 60wt or 90wt bobbin thread if you like)
• Sharp fabric scissors
• Hemostats may be helpful for turning and stuffing
• Fabrics (instructions for each part have more info on fabric choices)
- For body – front & back pieces sized to your hoop choice
- For applique apron – any fabric for satin stitch applique
- For head – front & back sized to your hoop choice, stretch knits recommended
- For hair – small amount of faux fur to create sewn-in wig
• Recommended Embroidery stabilizers: no-show mesh stabilizer for body front and back, medium weight cut-away for head, and water or heat soluble film suggested under facial features.
• Fiberfill or other stuffing of choice.
• (Optional) Poly pellets or other weighted base material
• (Optional) foam hair curler (dollar tree) and pipe cleaner to make the head stable and the arms poseable.
• Hand sewing needle and strong thread for closing the head, or fabric glue