Each set of ears are stitched in the hoop of your embroidery machine. Then cut them out, turn inside-out, and add them to the doll head that’s stitched in-the-hoop as well. No sewing machine or hand sewing required.
These are intended to fit the medium and large Ballyhoo cloth characters and those instructions show you how to attach them to the head using your embroidery machine.
All designs are digital downloads for embroidery machines. Files will be available immediately after purchase on a download page.
What’s included with this design?
- human ears for medium and large cloth characters
- pointy elf ears for medium and large cloth characters
- NOTE: there are NO ears to fit the small cloth characters
Skill level: novice – for turning tiny parts inside out, and fussy bits of tear-away stabilizer
Be sure to check the tabs above for more info like Instructions, Supplies, and Specs!
Quick EAR instructions (also included in the full set of instructions for cloth characters)
- Stitch COLOR 1 on tear-away stabilizer
- Place one layer of 3×3″ “skin” fabric (right-side-up) to cover the placement outline
- Stitch COLOR 2 to create the inner ear details
- Place the back fabric, right-side-down, over the front fabric.
- Stitch COLOR 3 to create the ear seams which are tightly double-stitched
- Cut out very close to seams, turn with small hemostats, and place on head as per head instruction
The Cloth Character video shows how to place the ears while stitching the head.
PDF documents included in your download:
- color/stitch order guide with template
- License file (defines how many finished products you may sell of this design)
Your downloaded .ZIP file will include multiple sizes and machine formats in case you upgrade your machine to a bigger hoop or different brand, you’ll still be able to use these designs!
- These 9 formats are included: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, SHV, VIP, VP3, XXX
medium and large ears can be stitched in a 4×4 hoop (single hooping for the pair of ears)
Max purchase quantity = 1
The graphic below shows design measurements, stitch counts, number of threads, and more.