What are cloth character dolls?
These are cloth dolls made in-the-hoop of your embroidery machine. You can mix and match the heads and bodies to create custom characters. Add-On options are available such as additional faces and clothes, so you can create an endless amount of customized cloth character dolls. These were designed to be art dolls for home and holiday decor with wired armatures to make them poseable. BUT you can create them without the wiring for a quick and easy doll project on your embroidery machine.
Each basic character comes with a body and head, plus at least one option for adding hair so you can complete the doll as shown. You can combine patterns, or add-on products to customize these dolls in so many ways.
You will find a consolidated list of video tutorials below:
Basic Doll Video Tutorials:
- Billy video tutorial
- Skylar video tutorial
- River/Rowan video tutorial
- Kris video tutorial
- Jessie video tutorial
Dollmaker Series of Videos:
- Making wired armatures video tutorial – freshly updated March 2022
- Doll hair techniques
- hand stitches for dollmakers video tutorial – coming soon!
- turning tiny doll parts – all the tips and tricks – coming soon!
- All about Stuffing a Doll or Softie – coming soon!
- Embroidery Machine tips for successful In-the-Hoop projects – coming soon!
- ITH clothes video tutorial
Doll Project Videos:
Some of the doll projects include videos as well. Watch how you can transform these basic patterns into something unique and wonderful with your embroidery machine! Some samples are below. Click on any of them to learn more.