Looking for a quick and easy project to make on your embroidery machine? This trio of ghosts can be made into Felties or Applique for fun Halloween projects. Use the felties to embellish a gift, hang a bunting, or give away. The applique can go on anything from clothing to table coverings, or even a journal like in the video below.
The same files can be used for either Feltie or Applique designs with a simple change of steps…
To make a Feltie :
- stitch the placement line on tear-away stabilizer
- place felt inside the placement area and stitch the face
- then place felt on the back of the hoop and stitch the outline
- remove from hoop, tear away the stabilizer and cut out the ghost
To make an applique:
- stitch the placement line on your stabilized fabric
- place the felt inside placement area and stitch the face
- stitch the outline
- cut away excess felt from the ghost
The trio of ghost felties come in both 4×4 and 5×7 hoop sizes. The downloadable .ZIP file includes 3 ghost designs in both sizes and all 9 machine formats: PES, DST, EXP, VP3, VIP, SHV, XXX, JEF, HUS.
Tools & Materials
- You will need the machine embroidery designs from Ballyhoo (see shop links below)
- fabric, felt, thread, stabilizer
I made a ghost journal using the applique method with the 4×4 grinning ghost and also the 5×7 shifty-eyed ghost. Watch the video to see how that project was done.