How about a cute trio of ghosts that stitch up quick with minimal materials? This is an easy in-the-hoop project for embroidery machines that have 5″ x 7″ hoop or larger. You can stitch up this whole gang in an afternoon while sipping apple cider.
Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. Maybe its the costumes, or the candy, or the weather finally turning cool after a super-hot summer. I don’t like scary Halloween – give me cutesy anyday!
- embroidery machine with files loaded
- 5×7″ hoop or larger
- machine needle – size 12 stretch needle used in the samples
- sharp fabric scissors
- embroidery scissors
- hemostats for turning and stuffing – I’m using the 10″ hemostats and some 5″ hemostats also available in the fishing aisle at Walmart :0
- (with Amazon affiliate links to help you locate these items)
- embroidery files from Ballyhoo Creations!
- mesh stabilizer or other cut-away stabilizer – thinner is better for this project!
- two 5×7″ pieces of stretch knit fabric – I used this bandage fabric tubing and have also purchased cotton stockinette from A Child’s Dream in the past. But any stretch knit works, even an old white t-shirt.
- ribbon or torn strip of fabric – I used double gauze from WalMart
- poly stuffing – I’m using Mountain Mist but any stuffing will work
- poly pellets or rice to give the ghost a weighted base so they stand on a shelf
- Thread: embroidery thread for face, top thread & bobbin to match your fabric
- pipe cleaner 6.5″ piece
The ghost designs were added to the Ballyhoo Shop this week. The armless ghost with shifty eyes is a Freebie!! (you will need to input your name & email address for the FREE checkout process)
The trio gets you all three characters for one price and includes PDF instructions. Fancy, schmancy.