Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. Maybe its the costumes, or the candy, or the weather finally turning cool after a super-hot summer. I don’t like scary Halloween – give me cutsie anyday!
How about a cute trio of ghosts that stitch up quick with minimal materials? This is an easy in-the-hoop project for embroidery machines that have 5″ x 7″ hoop or larger. You can stitch up this whole gang in an afternoon while sipping apple cider.
Watch the video below for step-by-step instructions on how to stich and assemble the ghosts.
- (with Amazon affiliate links to help you locate these items)
- embroidery files from Ballyhoo Creations!
- mesh stabilizer or other cut-away stabilizer – thinner is better for this project!
- two 5×7″ pieces of stretch knit fabric – I used this bandage fabric tubing and have also purchased cotton stockinette from A Child’s Dream in the past. But any stretch knit works, even an old white t-shirt.
- ribbon or torn strip of fabric – I used double gauze from WalMart
- poly stuffing – I’m using Mountain Mist but any stuffing will work
- poly pellets or rice to give the ghost a weighted base so they stand on a shelf
- Thread: embroidery thread for face, top thread & bobbin to match your fabric
- pipe cleaner 6.5″ piece
The ghost designs were added to the Ballyhoo Shop this week. The armless ghost with shifty eyes is a Freebie!! (you will need to input your name & email address for the FREE checkout process)
The trio gets you all three characters for one price and includes templates and interactive PDF instructions. Fancy, schmancy.